Friday, April 15, 2011

My Beach Boy



Tomorrow is Ed's birthday. Both he and I are learning what it means to be in one's mid-sixties. There are aches and incidents, but the world loves to comment on all of that.

Recently I read that one reaches a level of discontent around fifty. The years that come after that increase in their happiness quotient, this study said. Both Ed and I would probably agree with that study. Day by day our happiness in life grows. We have a wonderful family, both elders and youngers. We have three grandkids whose sweetness warms us. We are blessed with incredible places to live -- a farm, the lakeshore and, most recently, the desert. We enjoy our work. We like to eat and golf and read and just be together. In short, we are happy people.

Here's a photo that I took of Ed on the beach on Coronado Island near San Diego. We spent a week here in January of 2010. I will always think of Ed as my beach boy that week and I hope to always be his beach gal.

I love you, Beach Boy! Happy Birthday.

Copyright 2011
Wanda Hayes Eichler


No comments:

Post a Comment