Monday, April 4, 2011

Dad's Birthday

Stanley C. F. Hayes with his daughter, Wanda Hayes Eichler -- July 2009

Today is my father's 90th birthday. He's quite a guy -- father, preacher, pastor, gardener, woodworker, wordsmith, writer. I really like this photo of me with my Dad that my husband Ed took of us in July of 2009.

The photo was taken just before Ed took Dad to the airport for his flight back to Wisconsin. The "ephemera" in the photo tells part of the story of that summer visit -- Dad's luggage in the lower right, a coffee cup on the kitchen counter, the Detroit Tigers summer schedule on the refrigerator door, me in my cutoff jeans. Dad came to Michigan to perform the wedding ceremony for Brad and Adrian Fear. Brad is my mother's cousin's son and Dad came all the way to Michigan to be a part of their special day.

Last year we went bowling with Dad on his 89th birthday. This year, on his 90th birthday, we celebrated on Sat., April 2 with a party in his honor.

Happy Birthday, Dad! We had a great weekend in Wisconsin with you. Enjoy your 90th birthday today.



Photo taken by Ed Eichler

No comments:

Post a Comment