Monday, February 28, 2011

Farewell to February


This is the 59th post of 2011. Tomorrow's post will begin the third month of my daily blog postings this year. Inspiration for a daily blog post came in the form of a blog by an artist from the Detroit area. His name is Stephen Magsig and he posts a daily painting from the Detroit area on his blog called, Postcards From Detroit. I admire his artistic work. I am in awe of his ability to capture light and color and architecture in the urban landscape.

Even more, I admired the discipline of doing something for each day and wondered if I could make that happen through my blog. So, I started daily posts at the end of 2010. My target audience is my father, Stanley C. F. Hayes. Dad is a talented writer and speaker. A preacher, he has always captured stories with words that are eloquent, yet simple. Dad receives this blog post every day in his email. It is my way of keeping in touch beyond the telephone and mailbox.

By the end of January, as I rolled through the 31st post and first month of writing, I knew that I could keep going and I began inviting friends and family to follow the blog. Some of you have commented via the comments section; others of you have written me emails. Others have told me that they are following along. My day is always lifted when I hear from you about what I have written or photographed or imaged.

To all of you, especially to my Dad, to my husband Ed, and to my children, thank you for reading and responding. I hope that these daily glimpses keep us in touch with that which is beautiful and heartwarming and good.

So, now, farewell to February. At the end of March there will be 90 blog posts. Yipes. I feel like the little engine that could. I think I can, I think I can. . .I know I can!

=====================

About the photo:  Crazy quilt stitches, silk ribbon embroidery and beadwork embellish the four hearts in this miniature quilt which I made some years ago. It always cheer me up in February.

Copyright 2011
Wanda Hayes Eichler

2 comments:

  1. And don't forget me! It is such a joy to see your daily postings, Wanda. Honestly, I look forward to it every day. Thank you for making the commitment.

    One step at a time, yes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, one step at a time. Thanks so much for reading and commenting, Heidi. It makes it rewarding to write.

    Mary told me yesterday that the daily blog post is the first thing she and Dad talk about each day. I have some good posts coming up, including a recipe for cornmeal muffins, with a Wisconsin twist. Stay tuned!

    Your sis,
    WJ

    ReplyDelete