Thursday, March 28, 2013

Leading Edge


Some kind of massive cloud front moved across Michigan's Thumb this morning. Not being a meteorologist, I do not have a name for this wedge shaped formation out over Lake Huron that I photographed shortly after sunrise.

I can tell you that the weather has turned softer, kinder, sunnier. Today it feels like the seasonal wheels are turning a bit. My mind is turning, too, to gardening and golf. There were a few sprinkles of rain on the car windshield last night as I drove up the shoreline.

The ice and snow on White Rock Shoal melting. The iceberg-like formations from early this week have drifted and dwindled. Water and waves are taking over the shore, and the rocky bottom of the shoal is clearly visible.

March is finally loosening its grip and that must be the leading edge of April that I saw out over Lake Huron this morning.

Copyright 2013
Wanda Hayes Eichler



No comments:

Post a Comment