Thursday, October 11, 2012

Friend Window


It's that time of the year when I transplant the Christmas cactuses. Kim's Kactus is in a new pot and now occupies a window ledge with north filtered light. I added some other goodies from friends to that spot in my studio.

Jenny Wheeler Parker stitched the little quilt; Jill Harmon carved the figurine. The ceramic sheep tucked in the pot came from Mark and Sally Rummel, many years ago. The sheep was tied on to a wreath the Rummels sent on the day that my quilt shop opened in November of 1992. The wreath is long gone and so is the quilt shop. But the sheep lives on.

I give Kim's Kactus a bit of cold coffee now and then. Usually I put water on the cactus, but I've discovered that a bit of caffeine doesn't hurt the plant at all.

Copyright 2012
Wanda Hayes Eichler

No comments:

Post a Comment