Sunday, May 1, 2011

Milepost Number 121



Today marks the 121st blog post of 2011 and the first post of the fifth month. This journey of writing a blog post for every day of the year is now one third completed. I was pretty excited when I realized that I had a month in tow as I rounded the end of January. Now the project has new dimensions and I'm well into an entire year of photos and images and writing.

My dad, Stan Hayes, sees these posts on a daily basis, thanks to the auto send function of the Blogger software that I use. During April, I started posting links to each post on Facebook and Twitter. So some of you who are reading might be coming to the Willow blog via either of those avenues.

I like to call the social networking and computer companies "barnyards." When asked about my non-existent I-Pad, my reply is that I don't "play in the Apple barnyard." It's kind of a smartypants way of saying that I use a Microsoft operating system.

So, I guess, that I can now claim that I've added a couple of barnyards, namely facebooking and tweeting along with blogging. If you have some country experience you will remember that playing in the barnyard can lead to other chores, can be smelly and, oh yes, you learn to stay out of the way of the resident bull!

Ed took my photo yesterday. Here I am with my trusty Toshiba laptop, my blog notebook in hand, and a wide grin that says, "oh yeah, only 245 more blog posts to go!"

Photo by Ed Eichler
April 30, 2011
Graywood West

No comments:

Post a Comment