Sunday, April 29, 2012

Twin Peaks, Accented


I had my camera set on what I consider the "wrong" image size yesterday. All the photos that I took were in HD format and somewhat digitally incompetent.

So, when it came time to choose an image for today's blog post, this one stuck out. I cropped it to the 6 inch by 4 inch format that this blog uses. I exaggerated the purple blue of the mountains and the lime green of the trees. I used a tool in Photoshop called "accented edges" to outline the trees and the mountains. I will admit to a bit of cloning here and there, too.

The result is this mid afternoon photo of Twin Peaks in the Tucson Mountain, Panther Peak on the left and Safford Peak on the right, looking down a fairway at Heritage Highlands golf course near Tucson.

I like the sparkle of the green palo verde trees that contrast with the outlined highlight of the mountains in this sort of artsy-fartsy photo.

Oh, and I should tell you that I had one really long putt -- a 25 footer and made par on two holes.

Copyright 2012
Wanda Hayes Eichler

No comments:

Post a Comment