Friday, July 22, 2011

Prize Quilt, Prize Mom


Five years ago today -- July 22, 2005 -- my mother-in-law won the the best of show award at the Thumb Area Quilt Guild's Farmers' Festival Show with her quilt, "Pauline's Bouquet."  The quilt's pattern, Blooming Nine Patch, is a popular design that uses eight fabrics within close print and color families.

Now a resident at Country Gardens, Mom Eichler has continued her love of quilts. Just yesterday I took a small quilt that she and I worked on together over to her apartment. I hung the quilt on a wall where she could admire yet another quilt that she helped to make.

She's quite a quilting buddy and a prize mom.

Copyright 2011
Wanda Hayes Eichler

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous quilt and lady! I didn't know that Pauline quilted - not sure I how missed that. mj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wanda Hayes EichlerJuly 22, 2011 at 12:15 PM

    Between Val Hayes and Pauline Eichler, these two women accomplished 3 Baltimore Album quilts and many, many more. MB says you have your PhD in Quiilting when you do a Baltimore quilt! Great moms, great quilts. WJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always admire the handwork behind quilting. The amount of patience put into stitch after stitch after stitch. It's always fun to look at how evenly spaced the stitches are made. I was once told that the "veteran quilters" could tell who put the stitches into a community quilt.

    Pauline's Bouquet is a masterpiece indeed. Thanks for sharing! BE

    ReplyDelete