Monday, March 2, 2009

Knitting Needles from Dad


My Dad, Stan Hayes, has been gifting his daughters who are knitters with a wonderful ongoing treasure -- Signature knitting needles. I just received another pair in February since that's my birthday month.

Signature needles are made in Kenosha, Wisconsin using aircraft aluminum and excellent machining techniques. Dad has been sending me needles with spiral ends and stiletto tips. Knitting with these needles can spoil one. They are light and smooth and a joy to handle.

Currently I have two projects going on Dad's needles -- a velvet scarf with a reversible cable that you can see in the photo with this blog entry and another scarf that is being knit with Jo Sharp silk/wool blend.

So far Dad has given me three sets -- sizes 6, 7 and 8. Dad, these are such a thoughtful gift and I think of you whenever I pick up these needles and knit!

=======================
Link to Signature's website:http://www.signatureneedlearts.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment