Wednesday, June 11, 2008

June 11th Storm Update

We continue to have thunderstorms come across the Thumb. One hit Bad Axe around 7 pm last night with fury. Lots of wind and pelting rain.

The Sunday storms took out the power at our farm and we're still without electricity there. Ed has called Detroit Edison several times a day and has been told to expect service some time on Friday. Meantime, I'm functioning out of the lakehouse south of Harbor Beach where I can see another storm gathering in the west again this morning.

Most food in the frig and freezer is lost. That's about all. We're lucky to have a second home to use. I had intended to work at my Pigeon office this week, but have nine month old grandson Griffin Henry Clark here with me at the lake. Finny's mom and dad are on vacation. Finn's brother Max is in Bad Axe with Grandpa Don and Grandma joni. So, all the Huron County grandparents are "on duty" this week.

Finny was going to stay at the farmhouse with Ed and me. Not so! We'll have to be lake people this week.

2 comments:

  1. Wanda, finally made my way to your blog! Looks great, I absolutely love the picture of Finn's sweater and quilt, as well as the rest. You'll have to blog on your lifelong interest and talent for photography:) Dad and I will be constant visitors. Thanks for inviting us. SISy MB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the note, MB. The farm's electricity came back late Wednesday. Ed cleaned out the frig and freezer and got the stuff ready for garbage pickup Thursday morning. Glad that episode is over!

    ReplyDelete