Monday, November 12, 2012

Pint Jar Mania


I'm a big fan of wide mouth pint jars. They wash up faster than zip top freezer bags. The glass is clear so you can see what's inside. The wide mouth makes putting food in and taking it out easier than with a regular mouth jar.

This morning I turned the oven on to 350 degrees and got out a 9 inch round cake pan. I stacked thin slices of french bread that had a dab of butter and some garlic seasoning on each one. I know, I should have used olive oil. The butter was right on the counter and I didn't think twice.

I toasted the bread for about ten minutes and then put in a pan of coconut for about the same time. I had to watch the coconut since it darkened (toasted) very quickly and needed to be fluffed and stirred with a fork.

The garlic toasts (and yes, that butter does taste good) get topped with a slice of Havarti cheese and make a great snack or appetizer. The toasted coconut will top a salad or a bowl of cereal.

Eat good food!

Copyright 2012
Wanda Hayes Eichler

No comments:

Post a Comment