Thursday, December 5, 2013

Baby Owl

From my sketchbook comes this baby barn owl. My inspiration for this little owl is the illustrating done by Bert Kitchen, a British artist, for children's books.

This little guy is a part of the cover illustration for "The Barn Owl," a book that is available from resellers and used book stores. I picked up a copy at Bookman's on Ina in Tucson sometime last spring.

Mr. Kitchen's illustrations bring the essence of the birds and animals to the pages of his books. The animals are somewhat stylized (the eye of the artist is everything) but they are always engaging and a delight to see.

If imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, then I hope Bert Kitchen will know how inspired I am by his wise and excellent children's art.

Another post with a barn owl




No comments:

Post a Comment