Tuesday, May 7, 2013

An Announcement for The Blog

Many of you know that my Dad died on Monday, May 6th. He died very shortly after sunrise, about an hour after I posted "Through A Glass" from the hospital corridor using my smartphone and the Blogger mobile app.

Thank you for your kind comments that have been arrriving via email, the comments section of this blog, and Facebook. It is hard to describe how un-anchored I am feeling right now. I will continue to share some of that with you, dear readers, as I contemplate where this blog might go in the days ahead.

For now, know that there is a huge gap in the universe of this parentless child.

---------------------------------

The funeral service for the Reverend Stanley C. F. Hayes will be held on Saturday, May 11 at 2 pm at Covenant United Methodist Church in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin. There will be visitation at at the Mach Funeral Chapel, next to the church, from 4-8 pm on Friday, May 10, and also from 1-2 pm before the service at the church.

A sunset burial will take place at Ebenezer Cemetery, Town of Lomira, at 7:30 pm on Saturday evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment