Monday, December 12, 2011

Volt Goes Christmas Shopping



Ed and I headed down to the city to do some Christmas shopping on Sunday afternoon. Here's a glimpse of me in the driver's seat of my new Chevy Volt. The circular opening under the Volt logo just forward of the front door is where the charging cord is plugged in.


Here's what the driver's display looked like before I pulled out of the driveway. The battery had 16 miles of charge (about half) left. The gas tank range shows as 222 miles. The total range (electricity and gas) is 238 miles. My Volt had been driven 193 miles at this point.

The ball in the chute on the right guides the driver's acceleration and deceleration. Pull away from a stop sign too quickly and the ball decenters. Not a good thing as power is wasted. I'm learning to keep that magic ball centered. My Buick Ranier had an instantaneous mpg reading that served a similar function.

The "E" in the circle says that the car was facing east, so that is the compass function. The circles on the bottom "carousel" around and give more details on mileage, mpg, trip metering, tire pressures, etc. The Volt is in park; both seatbelts are fastened.

Off to the city we went with the new Chevy Volt doing an electric and eclectic variation of "over the river and through the woods."

Copyright 2011
Wanda Hayes Eichler

No comments:

Post a Comment