Sunday, January 23, 2011

Zauberball Socks

The leg of the first sock is done. I knit the leg on double pointed five inch bamboo needles while on a Delta Airlines flight this week. I really prefer knitting socks on a long circular needle but figured that if TSA at Detroit Metro Airport decided to confiscate knitting needles, I'd rather lose the less expensive bamboo needles than an Addi Turbo 40" needle.

The yarn is Zauberball which translates from the German as "Magic Ball." Color change is subtle, the yarn glides across the needles and into the knitting, and I'm enjoying the creating process immensely.

4 comments:

  1. Are they still confiscating knitting needles? The last thing I had confiscated was a scissors in Hanoi this summer. Last security checkpoint I went through on our 3-week trip and it was one of those blunt, folding scissors.

    Trying to knit and watch the Packers. All. By. Myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee, am I operating under a TSA myth? I'm not sure. I'll have to check the TSA site again. I do try to stay up on their rules. I've given up taking my little bottle cosmetics onboard. You take off your shoes, remove your Coat and cardi, take off your scarf (notice, half the fashion ensemble is in a TSA bin!), pull out the computer -- all while holding on to your boarding pass. Loved travel in Japan -- you keep your shoes ON!

    Hey, The Pack won! Very cool and Sooo-per!

    Thanks for commenting, Heidi!

    WJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is lovely stuff to knit with, isn't it! And the socks are looking good, I like your colour choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your comment, Fiona. I'm fascinated with the subtle color changes in this yarn. Well made, soft, interesting to knit -- as you say, it is lovely stuff to knit.

    Wanda

    ReplyDelete