Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Stadium Checkers


Here's one for the nostalgia buffs. I found this game at the Port Austin Farmers' Market last Saturday. One of the vendors across from our Graywood Designs booth had lots of old goodies out for sale. We had one of these games as kids and I do remember playing with it quite a few times.


Ed and I tried it out on Sunday and found that we need more marbles to make it challenging. We started with four marbles each (you are supposed to have five) and he got one move ahead of me and beat me. What fun!


The game is by Schaper of Cootie fame and has a 1952 copyright. Made in Minneapolis, it is a series of concentric rings with slots that allow marbles to drop down the "stadium" to the center where they slide out to the feet of the game board. The object is to get all of your marbles into your kitty (in the feet). Fun!


Oh yes. I paid $3 for this little trip back in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment